The Work of your Local League
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization working to protect and expand voting rights and ensure everyone is represented in our democracy. We empower voters and defend democracy through advocacy, education, and litigation, at the local, state, and national levels.
We Act …
The League takes action only after careful study and member consensus. The League acts to achieve reasonable, equitable and responsible policy.
So You Can …
- Connect with and strengthen your community
- Research issues from many points of view
- Foster dialogue on important issues
- Advocate for positive change in your community
- Work with others to create stronger communities
- Help preserve our constitutional rights and civil liberties
- Learn about a broad range of issues
Every member participates in the League as personal time and preference permit.
Everyone is welcome!
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
We believe in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy.
What We Do
Support the Yakima County League!
Donations to LWVYC support local operations and activities.
Note: donations to operations are not tax deductible. Contact us to donate to our tax exempt Education Fund.